Jessica Krewson, Design & Visual Strategies Guru
YOUR SUCCESS SIGNATURE
5 STEPS TO KEEP GOING
Likely you are a creative person. You have to be creative if you possess the entrepreneurial spirit. As an entrepreneur, one of the most challenging things to sustain in the development of your business is discipline.
So, I’ve put together the top 5 ways to keep discipline in tact throughout the growth of your business:
1. Eliminate Distractions
Distractions are everywhere. It could be multiple emails flooding in your inbox, the phone ringing, that long to-do list of seemingly urgent items, and maybe even a flurry of thoughts that fill up your productivity brain space. When you know you need to sit down and fully concentrate on a task, eliminate as many distractions as possible. Here are some ways to eliminate distractions.
- Notify your team that you will be unavailable for “x” amount of hours
- Physically remove your phone from the room
- Turn off all notification sounds of email or incoming communication
- Trust that the world will not fall apart if you are off the grid for a few hours
- Journal for 5 to 10 minutes to eliminate and self-defeating thoughts or fears
- Take lightly those who do not believe in what you are creating
2. Make a Plan
We like to call them intentions here at Success Signature headquarters. Sometimes we just need a container, a structure to hold together the strategy so we don’t lose sight of the end result. Making a plan doesn’t need to be an overly-involved process. Don’t let making a plan be another cause of procrastination. Begin with the end in mind. When do you want to be complete with your intention and then work your way backwards from that endpoint.
3. Tell Someone Else What You’re Up To.
Our amazing CEO, Jennifer McLean, recently did this with her Jenn’s Challenge (#JennsChallenge) where she shared with our entire community that she is committed to movement for the next 365 days. What better way to make sure you do something than to tell thousands and thousands of people about it. You dont need to tell thousands to get the same result but you can tell a coach or a few trusted friends about your commitment and let them encourage you on the way.
4. Give Yourself a Tool for Those “I Don’t Feel Like It” Moments
It’s inevitable. That moment when the excitement has slightly waned and you have to push through the feeling of “I don’t feel like it.” So you have to have your tools ready. Here are some options to play with:
- Calling the coach or friends I mentioned in number three
- Go back to your Success Signature, your much bigger why to reignite the flame of inspiration
- A reward system you put into place for every milestone reached
- Come back to gratitude for all you have created and all that has been given to you on your journey thus far
You know what will best work for you to get you back on track.
5. Slow and Steady Wins the Race.
It’s really easy to get get caught up in the “I’m going to do it all RIGHT NOW” but success is really the result of consistent effort over time. Jenn talks a lot about sacred pace. There is a time and flow for everything and it takes deep trust to be with what is. If you tackle a little each day you will see that your plan is working and results are being made. Trust the flow and energy of your creation. The way we get anywhere is one step at a time.
- ← Priceline CEO, Who Has A $1.8 Billion Online Ad Budget, Says Facebook And Twitter Are Useless
- 3 Ways to Empower Your Customer Service Team →